Friday, January 27, 2012

London: A Week in the Life of a Study Abroad Student

I thought I would share some of last weeks’ highlights with you. It is a pretty quick overview but I wanted to make sure you got to see it. This weekend, we are going to Edinburgh, Scotland. I promise to share photos asap! But for now, enjoy.
On Monday:
 At-Home Proper Afternoon tea with Mary Kate and Jake

Scones from Waitrose grocery store, 45pence each
Double cream and blackcurrant preserves
One Almond and Raspberry tart
My chicken salad and arugula Finger sandwiches

Leftover chocolates from my lovely Sunday Brunch with my Surrogate English family, Tony, Jill and Martin
Three cups of tea
On Tuesday:


My first fish and chips in England so far. (Not including past trips.) Mary Kate and I went to the pub nearest campus, The College Arms. Honestly, not the best I’ve ever had, but it’s worth the picture.
Friday:

Visiting Platform 9 ¾ at King’s Cross Station in London. 

The funny part of this was there were several people here and they were all over twenty, and all embarrassed. 


St. Pancras Station


Saturday:


We went to the famous Portobello Road Outdoor Market in Notting Hill.

Yes, this is right down the road from us, you’re jealous. I understand.

The boys on the tube. Mary Kate and I have adopted these three.


P.S.  I’m loving English television. Call the Midwife, Bird Song, Sherlock, Downton Abbey. Of course, with 20+ people and one television, it is hard to get it in so most of the viewing is on my computer. Now, these have to be downloaded at school and watched on the free BBC I-Player at home because with only 2 MB of internet per week, there is little live streaming occurring.
See you soon!
Love,
The College Cuisiner

No comments:

Post a Comment