Friday, August 10, 2012

Summer Trip to Knoebel's

Ever since I was a kid I loved going to Knoebel's Amusement Park in Elysburg, PA. If you've never been there it is one of the last "traditional" amusement parks left.


Nestled in the mountains this park is as family friendly as it can get especially in times like these. Because to this day Knoebel's does not charge admission, parking, and even allows you to bring you own food into the park. They have my favorite roller coaster of all time, the Phoenix. (In the background.) 


Instead all you have to do is buy a book of tickets that are good for any ride at anytime. They average around $1.50 a ride for anything from their wooden roller coasters to their famous carousel.


Plus, their food is pretty good too and cheap. No $10 pizza here like at the big PA amusement park: Hershey Park. Totally affordable for families and poor college students!


The carousel is top rated and one of the last remaining "Traditional" rides that still incorporates the brass rings into the ride. If you've never done this, you'll see that carousels can actually be fun!


There some really cute things about this park including the Miner’s museum, sky lift (think ski lift over a mountain, scary.)


I love this place. I was so excited to take Aaron and my old friend Brady and show them my favorite place as a kid. The park also has a campsite which costs all about $45 a night with showers and electricity. What a treat!


And there's a lemonade stand in the shape of a lemon. Quality people, quality.


There's even a pool only $5 an entry withvarious slides.


The Cobblestone Fudge House. It was extremely difficult to take this photo as everyone kept trying to get in to buy fudge! 


The teacups, one of my favorites.


This is where the puppet shows are held.


And of course there was an organ "festival" going on throughout the park. I didn't realize there were so many of these things!


Plenty of space for all occasions.


There is always something interesting at Knoebel’s…like this taxidermy black bear in someone's truck.


Or this wedding party taking photos all over the park!

 

And their mascot is a chipmunk…named…Kozmo.

 

They always have a "High School Musical" style band that performs. Difficult Summer job.






I love this park. It's hard to express all of the wonderful stuff here in one blog post. It'sthe perfect place for a young family to spend a whole day eating, playing, and spending time together for a honestly affordable price. There's even a fairy tale theather for kids! Not to mention the memories you'll always have to together. Some of my favorite memories of my family and my father are from Knoebel's. Everything from grilling bagels over the fire while camping to ridign the flume and making a huge splash.

I hope you'll check out this wonderful park in Elysburg, PA and see what I'm talking about.

Love,

The College Cuisiner

No comments:

Post a Comment