Thursday, December 27, 2012

WIAW #52: Christmas Eats 2012

A Merry Belated Christmas to All!

I could kick myself for missing the 100th What I Ate Wednesday party yesterday. But with Final exams just ending and my new six-days a week work schedule I've found little time for me or blogging. Plus with the wifi on the fritz it is a little hard to upload photos.

But none the less I guess it's better to be late to the party than to never show up. Happy 100th to Jenny at Peas and Crayons, our fearless hostess and everyone celebrating the fun.

This Christmas was definitely a good food holiday as usual. Despite the fact that I come from a German family, we had an overwhelmingly Italian themed Christmas this year. Here are the highlights in my opinion especially the homemade Sticky toffee pudding my sister Mackenzie made for one of my gifts. (recipe coming soon)  It was delicious.



He thought so too...



What I Ate on Christmas....

Christmas Eve Family Party

Stuffed shells: Turkey sausage and spinach shells with marinara; shrimp and chives with white wine cream sauce




Mackenzie’s Homemade Sticky toffee pudding

Christmas Day

Late Brunch




Smoked salmon and scrambled egg tortilla wraps with fresh dill, red onions, sharp cheddar
Tea, orange juice, almond bread braid

Dinner at Lisa’s house




Lisa’s Turkey sausage and mushroom lasagna, my roasted asparagus with prosciutto and sharp provolone


Lisa’s pear and blue cheese salad

Glass of malbec

Dessert

Homemade ricotta cookies and leftover sticky toffee pudding

Best of this year's Christmas recipes:




Brioche Bread pudding with Cognac toffee sauce



Sticky Toffee Pudding



Here are some of some of my favorite moments from this year's Chrsitmas:


My "nephew" Kade who I've mentioned before, and I share a birthday and since I missed his party this year we made up for it at Christmas.


His surprise that I had the nerve to really eat his cereal.


Don't you think about taking my remote girl...


Yep. That happened my dear Le Chien.

We actually had a very nice Christmas between my family on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning and spending Christmas Day with Lisa eating delicious food and watching every movie we've been waiting to see. i.e. Pitch Perfect. Hilarious.

Hope everyone elese had a great Christmas/holiday with your family and friends! I cannot wait to use the foam toppers my mom got me or the traditional silver samovar from my sister! So cool!


I hope to post both the bread pudding, the sticky toffee recipes, and some chocolate products I recently received from Enjoy Life foods next week. I am currently working six days a week, so do not let me forget!

Love,

The College Cuisiner

No comments:

Post a Comment