Wednesday, February 8, 2012

WIAW # 12: My 100th post!


Big news!

Today marks my 100th post on the College Cuisiner!

I just want to say thank you to all the people I know and those I have met blogging who have helped me get to this point.
Carrie from Bakeholic Mama who avidly supported the college kid who frequented her mommy blog and who consistently went over the moon helping me promote giveaways, get facebook fans, and who has just been plan awesome! Thanks Carrie you're the best!
Lisa who sent this link to every person she ever met and has given me such wonderful support through this and lots more! (I bet a third of you reading this got here because of her.)

To my darling Aaron and my mom who put up with me taking pictures of everything we cooked or ate for the last 7 months, and all of you who come here every week and make me feel so special. I’m still new at this and have a lot more to learn, but I’ve enjoyed every minute of it and I can’t wait for the next 100 posts! I still need a better webpage design and how to get hold of some of the more technical side of blogging (like how to imbed buttons in posts, I'm lost on that.) One thing at a time! Right?
Also thank you especially to Jenn at Peas and Crayons who hosts WIAW and is consequently brought me many of my readers and new blogging friends. Thanks Jenn you’ve been great! And I promise to eat more veggies this month. (But hey, I do okay.)

Now to the reason we are all here, WIAW!


http://www.peasandcrayons.com/

I know WIAW is usually one day of your eats but this week, I couldn’t pick. And since I don’t really have a recipe to share this week, (gasp!) I thought it would be okay.
 Super Bowl Sunday Abroad:
Breakfast (at Noon)
My now classic muesli, blueberries, strawberries, Rachel’s Organic Vanilla yoghurt, and honey
Working Snack in order to use the free WiFi at Café Nerro

Medium Chai Latte with cinnamon
One fancy Italian biscuit (For my non-British readers: that’s a cookie for hot drinks)
Water
I went here to work but instead I blogged and looked up Parks and Recreation fan videos of Leslie and Ben. Productive I know!
Super Bowl Dinner


Glass of Ribena
Three Pieces of Cheese Pizza Hut pizza
Homemade nachos: Melted sharp cheddar over tortilla chips, homemade guacamole/salsa on top.
Yummmm….totally stuffed!

Okay so even though we didn’t actually watch the Superbowl since it aired at 11pm, we still wanted to take part in the junk food experience that is crucial to this “holiday.” I hadn’t had pizza for a few months (even before I left) and after someone else ordered a pie, we were having serious cravings. Worth…every…bite…


Plus, who can turn up homemade nachos. Sooooo good! We made two plate for the three of us. Guess who had a plate to herself? This girl! 

We ate on our bedroom floor becasue the common room was packed with people watching non-American football before the American football came on (which I didn't watch either.) But at least I watched some of the commercials the next day. Who didn’t love the Volkswagen Dog one?
Monday:
Day off from classes spent on my bed working on 2,500-word Sociology paper
Late Breakfast/Lunch

My muesli/yoghurt mix (see day before)
Three carrots, naan bread, hummus
I ate this all while doing my paper for about 5 hours straight
Dinner

Small piece of baked lemon zest and garlic salmon (not pictured)
Plate of two sweet potatoes and one zucchini homemade baked parmesan fries (See! veggies!)
Water
Tuesday:
Breakfast

Ran out of muesli and fruit so got a medium latte and an amazing almond croissant from my new favorite Italian café on my way to school in Bloomsbury
Lunch
My homemade chicken salad and rocket mix (That’s what they call arugula) sandwich on whole wheat bread
Dinner Out

Persian restaurant in Covenant Garden (Wish I took pictures)
Grilled duck breast in Pomegranate sauce with orange and pistachio pilaf and side salad. O…M…G…yum. I want to go back! We were in a rush so we couldn’t get dessert...yet.

Dessert at the Opera Snack Bar

One Almond chocolate brownie
Cup of tea

Intermission:
Glass of coke after 20 minutes of waiting at the bar


Miss that? Yeah we went to the Royal Opera! I had to include that because I was soooooo excited! My roommates Mary Kate, Beth, and I are all taking a Modern theatre class together and as a part of it we get to go to five performances in London and a few tours including the Globe Theatre (Home of Shakespeare.) Our first trip was last night to the Royal Opera to see Cosi Fan Tutte (That’s What Women Do.)  It’s by Mozart and its super sexist. But, hey, are we surprised? Women love their fiancés; the fiancés make a bet with an old man that they wouldn’t cheat so they dress in disguise and seduce them. And that was the women’s fault because after days of seducing and everyone around them encouraging them to cheat (not to mention they guys lied to them) they kiss the men in disguise and their honor is destroyed. Great story. But seriously, beautiful show. They performed it in modern dress with cell phones and laptops so it was very relatable in that way. But I was soooo excited to go to the opera for the first and probably last time ever! An perfect excuse to get dressed up and do your hair!
By the way…


Look at my hair!


I did it myself. Aren’t you proud? That’s the magic of youtube tutorials!! (This was before bed, so alittle messed up by then.)
I had to share a bit of everything from my last few days. So much fun! Now I just have to finish that paper! Promise more later on my weekend trip to Stonehenge and Winchester and my favorite Cuisiner moments so far!  I just really need to finish this paper now!!!
Enjoy!
Love,
The College Cuisiner


For Kicks: A Failed attempt to take the hair picture myself. Yeah, not happening.

5 comments:

  1. that hairstyle was beautiful! i can't wait till my hair grows out long enough to do pretty updos again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Mine is to my shoulders but that took about 20 bobby pins!

      Delete
  2. ok when I do hair tutorials from ze internet mine does NOT come out that fabulous! =) come do my hair! and congrats on post 100!!!! so exciting that it gets to share a post with wiaw! <3

    oh and I b/c i'm still slacking on writing a "how to add a button to your post" tutorial (tutorials and I must really not get along! lol) when you're typing up your post, switch the text box to HTML, paste the code, and then switch back to keep typing. This way it does all the work for you! hope that helps! unless the other way is easier? annnd now i'm rambling ;) happy wiaw Marisa!

    now seriously come do my hair =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will come do your hair anytime I'd be happy to drive down to NC to help out one military wife to a a future one! Thanks for the html tip I've been struggling for three months! Thanks for everything you've been such a help with WIAW!

      Delete
  3. haha i love the massive bugs bunny carrots!

    ReplyDelete