Monday, December 31, 2012

Enjoy Life Chocolate Products Review

It's become my policy that if I do not have a good amount of time to do a decent product review, I must wait until I do. So I finally found the time to sit down and write a review good enough for two of Enjoy Life's chocolate products: Double Chocolate Crunch Granola and vegan Mega Chocolate Chunks.

 
I love trying new things, especially those I cannot find easily myself. Soon after I received these bad boys I found the chocolate chips at Wegman's outside Philadelphia. If you do not have a Wegman's, they are pretty great and have a gigantic organic/all-natural wing of their already giant grocery stores.


Right before Thanksgiving, Enjoy Life Products sent me a box of some of their chocolate products. You might remember a while back when they were nice enough to send me a huge sampling of their delicious lentil chips, Plentils.


Before that I was introduced to Enjoy Life through their Gluten-free double chocolate cookie which was a part of a Go Picnic box of goodies.


After reviewing Plentils, Enjoy Life asked if I would be interested in trying some of their chocolate products. Which of course I answered, YES! After trying their other products I was really excited see what was in store for me.


When the box of their vegan chocolate mega chunks and double chocolate granola arrived I could hardly keep Aaron out of it long enough to take some photos. As I positioned the morsels of granola and made a delicious breakfast bowl (recipe below) I noticed a creeping hand slowly work into the shot going for a bite.

After taking the photos and slapping his hand away, I finally let Aaron have some. As if I really had a choice.

As I have yet to master vegan baking, I began using the mega chocolate chunks as I would normally. They melted and tasted just as delicious as very high quality semi-sweet baking chips you would normally buy, making them highly versatile for melting, baking, and eating. On the back of the package is a great recipe for vegan, gluten-free blondies I am dying to try along with tons of allergy-free recipes online!

I could not believe how chocolately and deliciously smooth the GIANT chunks were, I could hardly eat them in one bite!

I also love the three simple ingredients: Evaporated Cane Juice, Natural Chocolate Liquor (Non-alcoholic), Non-Dairy Cocoa Butter. And if the chunks are too big for you, they also make "mini-chips" great for baking!


The granola includes chunks of the same chocolate and a mix of brown rice flakes, crisps, bran, even flaxseed, and lots of iron. Their granola, like the rest of Enjoy Life products are vegan, gluten-free and free of the 8 most common allergens including egg, soy, fish, nuts, and dairy.

Their granola is all-natural and comes in three varieties: cinnamon raisin, very berry, and double chocolate.


When giving it a try, I paired the very crunchy and very chocolately granola with dark chocolate almond milk, Enjoy Life's mega chocolate chunks, chia seeds, and fresh pomegranate seeds for a chocolately yet healthy alternative treat for anytime of the day.


This granola would be great whether you have these common allergies or not. It is delicious in strawberry Greek yogurt, as part of trail mix with craisins and more chocolate, or any other way you could think of.

Here are some of the ways I incorporated these products:


• Brioche bread pudding with chocolate chunks, craisins, and walnuts with a cognac toffee sauce


• Vegan breakfast/dessert bowl with Enjoy Life granola, dark chocolate almond milk, chia seeds, and pomegranate seeds.

• Cookies, brownies….


• By themselves!

 

Along with their mega chunks and granola, Enjoy Life has tons of products both sweet, and now savory as well as chocolate, furit, and other varieties in cookies, granola bars, cereals and more! I would love to try their boom-choco-boom chocolate bars in both dark chocolate, and ricemilk varieties which are "truly" allergy free: gluten, dairy, nut, and  soy-free! 

Whatever you may use these enormous chocolate chunks or crunchy granola for, I hope you pick up a bag of them both. Make sure you tell me how you've used them!


Chocolate Almond Breakfast Bowl



Ingredients: 


 1/2-3/4 cup Enjoy Life Double Chocolate crunch granola
 Handful Enjoy Life Mega chunks
 1/2 cup dark chocolate almond milk
 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
 2 tsp chia seeds
 1 tbsp almond butter

Directions:

Add granola and mega chunks to the bowl and pour in almond milk. Top with pomegranate seeds, chia seeds and almond milk.

Serve and mix together.

Enjoy!

Love,

The College Cuisiner



Disclaimer: Enjoy Life sent me these products to try and review. I was not further compensated nor promised a positive review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment