Saturday, July 30, 2011

Philly: Main Line Adventure

This weekend my mother, Aaron, and myself get to stay on right outside Philly for a well-deserved break from the hectic situation that is a new house in transition.


As a perk for my 40 + hour internship, my mother and I got to come to Malvern, PA to "work" and stay for the weekend. I was lucky enough to score a major historical project for my first internship. The Pennsylvania Civil War 150 Project is commemorating the 150th Anniversary of the American Civil War with many projects including the PA Civil War 150 Road Show which is travelling to all of PA's 67 counties in the next four years. This week we are in Chester County, in two weeks we'll be in Delaware County. So for you Philly folks, try to make it. For other stops check it out. Here's what it looks like:










So the next few posts will be from the road of our Main Line Adventure.


But on Friday we needed to meet my sister in Philadelphia to help her with her car so I took Veronika's advice from Tick Tock Vintage and went to the Franklin Fountain Ice Cream Shop.









Please bear with me, blogging from hotel internet is not easy.


It was adorable and just what we needed in this muggy heat. The Franklin Fountain is an Olde Time Ice Cream Shop on Market Street in Philadelphia. It is definitely priced for the experience ($ 5.50 for a medium dish) but the ice cream is all homemade and it is amazing.
As we ordered we just beat the line too: added bonus.


       




The Friday heat in Philly was almost unbearable, and while the ice cream helped, it was nice to get inside afterwards.










I had Mint Chocolate Chip. This was some of the best ice cream I have ever had and I am a mint chocolate chip snob. White ice cream with Crème de menthe swirls, and shavings of dark chocolate.


Aaron got a Strawberry milkshake and as always gulped it down before much sharing could be done.



Mom had a cone of Cherry Vanilla which she thoroughly enjoyed.



My sister had fresh orangeade and we all enjoyed the corner shop.


 






I wasn’t the only one taking photos but I received some dirty looks.






Maybe because I did things like this.







Review: The shop was adorable and I loved that the ice cream servers wore the 1910's style uniforms. But wow, they must have been so hot in those things. While you do pay for the experience and the location, the ice cream is top notch. Definitely a fun place to visit once if you aren't from Philadelphia. But for me, I will definitely be back.


Enjoy!


Love,


The College Cuisiner 


What is your favorite summer spot to visit?


p.s. look back this weekend for more of my Main Line/Philly Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment