Sunday, October 28, 2012

Big Bad Sandy and Her Team of Inconveniences

Here on the East Coast, everyone is gearing up for the big bad Sandy hurricane.


I must say the rest of my weekend was much better with homemade Spanish Tapas on Friday with Aaron and my firend Tommy G (Thought Foot) and Saturday night hanging with our friend Rachel and her lovely family.


Check out their mixology skills: Key Lime Pie Martini which meant business.


Not to mention the amazing food and hospitality including my favorite, sweet potato coffee cupcakes from Brown Betty.


My new best friend and their dog Tug after we left.

It should be interesting now our University cancelled classes Monday and Tuesday.

After leaving work today at 2pm Aaron and I did some prep. We did our laundry, cooked some food, bought the last set of D batteries in Philadelphia after looking four separate places and bought a few candles. Luckily on Friday I bought a few gallons of water just to have. Good thing too since the grocery store was OUT.

So after a little prep and filling up the bath tub we are in business for whatever may happen. (Knock on wood/ touch wood for my Commonwealth readers.)

While thinking about the hurricane I thought I would compile a list of some hurricane related things so really this is my anti-favorite things list:

Broke Foodie talks about her own hurricane preparation

How the National Hurricane Center names these lovely creatures

What some people want to rename this angry girl, Sandy

How I spent last Halloween in the freak snow storm

Last time parts of Philadelphia flooded in late August 2011due to Miss Irene

Where I wish Aaron and I were right now

What I wish I was making/eating

Good luck to everyone if you are in Sandy’s range. Make sure you keep batteries, flash light, water and food handy. See you on the other side!

Love,
The College Cuisiner

2 comments:

  1. Oooh those patatas bravas look so good!

    Stay safe in Sandy! I hope your power doesn't go out over in your apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were so good if I do say myself. I made my own garlic aioli and bravas sauce and I was really happy with how it turned out. I may have to post the recipe soon. Really easy!

      We will, I'm just hoping the same thing!

      Delete