Wednesday, October 10, 2012

WIAW #46: Fall Frolicking and Sneaking in the Veggies

I know I probably say this every week but I am busy. And oh am I sick of it! So much school work you’d think after all their years of teaching these professors would figure out we all take multiple classes at a time. No I don’t want to take my Elections midterm exam on Thursday. I want to stay home, drink a nice glass of wine and watch a movie with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.  Ahhh…a girl can dream.

This weekend is our Fall break though I will most likely be working to get all of my various things done instead of enjoying it. But who knows…maybe I’ll do both. Multi-tasking folks.

So because of that midterm and all for the studying I have to do this will be a quick WIAW. And hey! Today is my blog’s 46th WIAW birthday. She’s middle-aged now but always the young blog to me. Maybe I’ll treat her to a redesign soon (more likely a Christmas gift ask instead.)


On Saturday I spent the day with my childhood bff, Nicole. She dragged me to the beautiful Wissahickon Park’s Forbidden Drive on a quest to fine beech nuts that would apparently be all over the trails ready for us to collect and put into muffins and various goodies.


But guess what? None were to be found.

 
So instead we enjoyed the beautiful Fall weather with a walk. Afterwards we went back to my apartment (Aaron was gone) and I proceeded to sweep my entire studio-apartment with a dust pan (we need a broom) and then mop it. What did Nicole do you ask? Well, she sat on the bed and read my wedding magazines. So helpful.

 
After the intense cleaning I made us dinner and this leads me into my food this week:

Saturday Night

 
Sweet Potato Alfredo with peas and chicken over whole wheat pasta.

Note: You couldn’t even tell the sweet potatoes were hiding in the sauce. Great way to sneak in an extra helping of veggies, add a baked sweet potato directly to the sauce and mix in with some milk and cheese!

Sunday Night

Leftovers Mexican casserole: leftover Spanish rice, ground turkey, bunch of carrots, little spinach, stewed tomatoes, onion, taco seasoning, and cheese on top. Easy peesy with veggie thrown in.
Monday Night
 
 
 Roasted Carrot and Quinoa Salad with red onions, dried cranberries, toasted walnuts and a dijon dressing over arugula (From Mackenzie and Jon’s garden) Surprisingly filling.

Delicious! This is from the October 2012 edition of Food and Wine magazine. Coming soon! Too good not to share.

Now for the eats of the day:
Breakfast

Strawberry Chobani yogurt with ginger granola and dried cranberries
Cup-o-coffee
Water
 
Lunch
Leftover Roasted Carrot and Quinoa salad with sliced baked chicken in the library between classes
Water
 
 
Snack
Banana
Dinner
Chicken, mushroom, and broccoli white Pita Pizzas

Coming very very soon:
  • Review of Enjoy Life Plentils lentil chips
  • The Roasted Carrot and Quinoa Salad
  • Do you want the sweet potato alfredo recipe? Tell me now!

See you soon!
Love,
The College Cuisiner

P.s. Congratulations to Renee who won the Designs by Francine chocolate contest with her Chocolate de Mint idea available now! Thanks to all those who entered! The entries were so creative!

6 comments:

  1. Yummy looking eat, as usual! Love pita pizzas - then I can't overeat! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know they're super easy, best for a night when you don't feel like too much cooking!

      Delete
  2. I love your salad that you had in the library! Leftovers the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love leftovers and it is always funny to see peoples reactions when they walk by!

      Delete
  3. What a fun weekend with your friend Nicole! All of your meals look fantastic girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes we had a great time I wish we would have found some beech nuts though since we climbed up a side of hill to find them! All in a days work...

      Delete