Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cuisiner Favorites for Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is only a couple days away and I am sure most of you have the whole menu of what you are making/bringing to dinners with family and friends.


But do you know what to make with your leftovers????

I was surprised this year not to see more “for Thanksgiving” recipes since it seemed all the rage last Thanksgiving to post all your ideas for recipes. Well, not a problem because I am going to share some of my favorite recipes for Thanksgiving and after Thanksgiving for the leftovers!

Be excited people.

I must say, I am very much looking forward to the three day break Thanksgiving brings as I just turned in my 25 page Seminar paper yesterday and am completley fried! But there are other things to be thanksful for like a happy, healthy family (extended and otherwise), a great Fiancé, and the simple fact we get to celebrate Thanksgiving in a country like ours. Hey, you know I've been around a bit, but at the end of the day as corny as it sounds I am proud to be an American and be able to celebrate Thanksgiving (I'm a little ashamed of Black Friday though, just saying to my international readers. It is a crzy thing.)
 
On to the food!
 
I know I am limited so here is a mix of my own favorite Thanksgiving Recipes and ideas as well as few from some of my favorite bloggers.

My Recipes:

Sides:
 
 
 
L'autumn Haricot Verts with Sauteed Apples (great healthy alternative to green bean casserole!)
 

Roasted Acorn Squash with Pesto Drizzle

Sweet Potato Gratin (adapted from Chez Us)

Romaine Hearts Salad with homemade blue cheese dressing (an instant favorite!)


Crockpot Carrot Soup- perfect compliment to the meal and super easy. Tastes just like butternut squash soup!

Drinks:


Fresh Crantinis with homemade cranberry juice (from last Thanksgiving)


Super Simple Winter White Cosmopolitans (White Cranberry Juice Cocktails based on a Bonefish Grill cocktail and the most pinned thing on this blog)

Desserts:
 
Jewish Apple Cake- a new family tradition
 
Victoria Sponge Cake- my favorite London treat and a great surprise for your guests!

For the Leftovers:
 
Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey Dumpling Soup


Turkey BBQ and Zucchini Slaw
 
Some of my personal leftovers favorites:
  • Use leftover mashed potatoes for fried potato cakes with eggs for a Black Friday breakfast
  • The "Friends" sandwichleftover turkey, cranberry sauce, a thin layer of stuffing and middle piece of bread soaked in gravy (the moist maker) and some extra veggies for good measure if you have them.

Some of my favorite Recipes from others:
 
 
Apple Braid Bread from Eat, Live, Run

Crockpot Cranberry Sauce from Jenn at Peas and Crayons
 
(Celery Root= the best thing to ever happen to mashed potatoes, TRUST ME!)
 
 
 
Some of my favorite craft ideas from others:
 
Rook No. 17's amazingly cute Mini-Mayflower Place Cards!
 
Jeanne Winter's Fall Leaves Centerpiece


Some of my favorite Thanksgiving Recipe Wrap Ups:

The hilarious Jenn from Peas and Crayons

Amelia from Bon Appétempt

What do you do for your Thanksgiving festivities? Anything out of the ordinary?

Follow my Thanksgiving Pinterest board!

Happy Thanksgiving! see you on Friday for the second annual What I Ate Thanksgiving!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment