Wednesday, November 21, 2012

WIAW #49: Catch-up

The darling Jenn has requested that What I Ate Wednesday this week shall be combined with Thanksgiving giving us overachieving bloggers a chance to do two posts:
one on Wednesday and one for Thanksgiving-pantless if needed.

Jenn, you and pants I swear! If the Forever Lazy was ever made for anyone….

That won’t be necessary as I’ve elected to do both.



I am finally finished with my 25 page paper on Jewish intellectuals in Stalin’s Soviet Union (don’t ask) and I am FRIED tired! It wouldn’t be so bad but as I know work 9-5 both Saturday and Sundays at a great café/coffeeshop here in Philadelphia I now have even less coherent writing time on my hands.

Wait until December 3rd to the 7th when I have a marathon run of papers and projects everyday! It will make last week’s 25 page paper, 10 page paper, 150 pages of Hemingway, 2 reading responses, and Chemistry exam look lazy. God help me please.

But no worries my lovely readers and WIAW guests, (stay awhile!) my new job serves coffee…and we make all of our food, bread, and baked goods in house. Darn it. If I wasn’t standing/working/running up and down stairs/cleaning there for 8 hours at a time I would probably gain some Winter weight from all of the Brioche rolls I’ve been eating! Sooooo good!

But enough of that! On to my eats are a few notable ones you missed over the past two weeks when I was busy dying of college.


Breakfast:
 

Doce Breve Macchiato (I’ve now learned this means two shots of espresso, and a little foamed half-n-half on top but I cannot bring myself to order a Doce Breve Macchiato yet in the fear of sounding wayyyyy too pretentious. But it’s good)

My treat: piece of pumpkin “roll” bread- basically pumpkin bread with a baked cream cheese topping. Mmm…

Fresh orange juice to round out this “breakfast” and fight the ever impending stress-ladled cold I am sure to get soon.

Lunch:

Quick stop at home between classes produced rigatoni with sautéed broccoli and shallots in a light ricotta parmesan sauce with chia seeds and crushed red pepper. That was good.

Dinner:
 

Aaron was away so I was bad and had more rigatoni with a semi-homemade tomato sauce, sautéed mushrooms and asparagus side for veggie kick and to very thin slices of easy chicken-parmesan. Hit the spot.

Here are some of the other eats
you missed while I was away:
 

Half a chocolate chip muffin from work I bought after pulling these babies out of the oven and having to take one home topped with one scoop of salted caramel Haagen-Dazs (this was after I finished my 25 page paper)
 
Poached egg on toast with Dijon and orange slices, coffee
 

Homemade spicy turkey chili topped with tomatoes, cheddar, chia seeds and cilantro
 
 
Awesome Protein meal for Aaron to prepare for his PFA annual physical:
 
Baked salmon with protein topping: chia seeds, chopped walnuts, sesame seeds, crushed red pepper, chili powder, a little brown sugar

Sautéed spinach and mushrooms and buttered pasta
 
 
Chobani with Trader Joe’s ginger granola and chia seeds
 
 
 
The chicken it came from that produced BBQ, risotto, and a lot more...

Wishing a happy Thanksgiving to everyone! See you after for a look at all the things I’m making today and my family’s contributions as well!

Checkout my Thanksgiving recipe roundup!

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment