Saturday, August 18, 2012

It's my birthday!

If you didn't already realize from the title, today is my birthday! yay!



I always know it's my birthday when my mother calls or starts to tell me about her mucousplug breaking and the inevitable car ride and 18 hours of labour. Happy birthday!

Growing up birthdays were always a big deal. It always felt like once the 18th of August hit it was my brithday for the next week. I personally think I'm lucky to have a Summer birthday as there was never any chance I would have school on my birthday but at the same time I never got to bring in cupcakes and have my classmates sing to me. Eventually I became that kid who brought in cupcakes on my half birthday, February 18th and usually I made them myself. Are you surprised?

Usually I feel my birthday coming for days announcing my new age around June as if it has already come but today I finally feel strange about turning a new number. I've passed all the milestones and I can now drive, vote, and drink, so what's the benefit after that? I guess just the benefit of being alive and blessed. That's all anyone can ask for right?

So I started my birthday with several texts from friends and family and made myself some coffee in my French press in our still new apartment.

Where does the day lead? Well once my mother arrives in Philadelphia we will be going together to some Bucks County Wineries and a dinner with Aaron, my mom, and my sister at Chifa in the city.

Wish me luck!

My Birthday Playlist:

Wonderwall- Oasis
Green Eyes- Cold Play
Transatlanticism- Death Cab for Cutie
Neon Lights- Keane
Girls Just Want to Have Fun- Cyndy Lauper

Love,

The College Cuisiner

No comments:

Post a Comment