Sunday, October 9, 2011

Philly: Tria Restaurant

In celebration of my first real paycheck since I got back to school (I know how sad that is) we went to Tria in the city. We tried to go here once for lunch and once for late night but it didn’t work out. My sister has recommended the Rittenhouse restaurant and their fantastic menu made me want to try. I’m glad we did.



Courtesy of Tria Cafe

This place has lots of ambiance but with that came low lighting, so please excuse the bad quality of these photographs.


“Tria” is named for the restaurant’s three main specialties: Wine, Beer, and Cheese. They have extensive lists of all three and a great menu of small “snacks”, bruschetta, salads, and sandwiches.

Being the concept, we wanted to try a little bit of everything. I got a lovely glass of Malbec and Aaron got a beer.


We started with Olive Oil, Rosemary Potato Chips with Truffle Aioli. These were so ridiculously good that we ordered another, and at $2 we couldn’t resist. (Probably also had to do with how hungry we were.)

We tried two of their bruschetta plates:



Fresh Mozzarella Crema with Basil Pesto and Heirloom Tomato


Pistachio Herbed Ricotta with Lavender Honey

Aaron and I loved their bread…and the bruschettas.

For entrees:


I had the Smoked Duck Salad with Strawberries, Pistachios, Grana Padano (cheese), Spinach, and Citrus-Mint Vinaigrette.

It was so good, I loved the smoked duck. I think there were too many pistachios, but overall it was delicious and very satisfying.

Aaron ordered the Smoked Chicken Sandwich with Lancaster Cheddar, Tomato, Piquillo Pepper, and herbed Truffle Aioli. I actually got one bite in before he shoved it down his throat. We were talking about this long after he ate it.

We considered getting a cheese plate but we both felt good….so I got dessert…of course.



I got the Flourless Chocolate Espresso Cake with Hazelnuts and Sweet Mascarpone on top with a latte.

It was so good it tasted like almost chocolate ice cream it was so smooth. I loved it and declared I might have become a polygamist so I could marry the cake.

Aaron got another beer for dessert.



Review:

We loved the food and the restaurant itself had a really cool feel. It is very small and they don’t take reservations so I can see how it might get a little crowded on the weekends. They probably could have called the restaurant “Quatro” instead due to all of the nuts. Now if you don’t like nuts, it might be over kill but I liked them. As soon as we left we wanted to go back. Everything was so good and we were definitely not dissatisfied at all. For all the food we got and the quality of the meal, it was really well priced and not expensive at all. We will definitely be back.

They also offer a frequent diner club, but on our budget, “frequent” is every six months.



If you ever find yourself of the corner of 18th and Sansom Street, try Tria for a delicious meal and a change of pace.

Love,

The College Cuisiner

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I am from the Philly area too! Tria looks awesome! It's definitely on my list of places to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Definitely check out Tria it is a really fun date night. I just checked out your blog and I love your wedding ideas!

    ReplyDelete