Sunday, October 16, 2011

Travel: Seneca Lake Part I

Since this weekend is our fall break from school, we had planned in July to go to the finger Lakes in New York: my mom, Aaron’s mom Lisa, Aaron, and me. This was the only time we could do it and it was perfect since this is the last weekend of the region’s season.

This area is particularly known for its quaint towns and great wineries. As my mother tells me, the Finger Lakes were formed by glaciers, making the land around it incredibly fertile and great for…grapes! Yay wine! My mom, myself and are family had been to the area before, but this was Aaron and Lisa’s first time. This was my parents favorite place to go for my mother’s birthday weekend (October 19th) so we like to go in remembrance.

We usually stay around Watkin’s Glen, a small town on the south end of Seneca Lake. It is a beautiful little place and before we could check in on Saturday we went antique shopping!
Antiques and wine what could be better?
I’m glad you asked…of course food too!

We went to the Wildflower Cafe/ Rooster Fish Brewing House in Watkin's Glen for a late lunch once we arrived.


Mom started with Manhattan clam chowder which was actually very flavorful.


I had some very delicious catfish tacos.


Aaron had an andouille sausage sandwich with sweet potato fries.


Mom had corn fritters with pepper jelly.


Lisa had a cheese and onion quesdilla.


And being a brewing company...we had beer. Hey I thought this was wine country? Yeah, but even wineries owners like a cold beer after a long day.
We saw so much in our first day and we went back to our adorable inn for some much needed rest before the big day ahead of us.
Look for our account of our wine tour via personal limo tour around the many wineries! So excited!
Enjoy the crazy amount of pictures I have so far:












More pictures and stories to come. Enjoy!
Love,
The College Cuisiner
Have you ever been wine tasting? Where?

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your pictures and comments, Marisa. I'm glad you had a great trip. Looks like fun to me!! Marie L.

    ReplyDelete