Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Small Town: Hot Chocolate and Homemade Chicken Nuggets

I'm finally done with the semester! Yay!

Now I have two whole weeks to plan and wrap my head around my upcoming semester abroad to London!

In the mean time, I am definitely looking forward to enjoy Christmas festivities for a little while longer. I already have two cookie-baking friend dates lined up for this week!



We came home Saturday to the decorated house all ready to go for our family’s Christmas Party on Sunday.



Every one piled into the same basement where we had Thanksgiving. We had a great time since this party usually doubles as my mom’s side of the extended family’s annual reunion as well.



Before we left, my friend Rachel gave me a Williams and Sonoma Hot Chocolate and Vanilla Marshmallow set. I was so excited because I’ve wanted this mix for a month. (I almost made it my giveaway…only 66 friends left by Friday. Doable right?)

 

It was delicious but next time I will use a fattier milk because while skim is good for most things, it just doesn’t cut it in cocoa. I love that the mix is just dark chocolate shavings and nothing else. Now that’s what I call Hot Chocolate!



I love the extra-large individually wrapped marshmallows. Yum.



Tomorrow I’m going to make my own mint whipped cream to go on top (I also got some 2% milk…it’s the holidays so it’s okay to indulge.)

Thank you Rachel, this was such a treat!!

As promised I want to share my homemade-oven baked chicken nuggets from last week.
They are just too good not to post. They are breaded and got really crispy even without any oil. These are definitely kid-friendly, just adjust the mustard to the pickiness of the child (or adult for that matter!) One large chicken breast can make about 15-20 bite-sized nuggets.


Homemade Oven Baked Chicken Nuggets: 15-20 nuggets




Ingredients:

1 chicken breast, cut into small, thin slices or medallions (about 15-20 pieces)

¾-1 cup Italian bread crumbs

3-4 tbsp. low-fat mayonnaise

1 tsp. Dijon mustard

Pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a small bowl mix mustard, mayonnaise, and a little pepper well.

In another bowl add bread crumbs. (for shaking method, add bread crumbs to a large ziplock bag.)

Coat chicken pieces evenly in the wet mixture.

Lightly coat each piece in the bread crumbs and place on a lined baking sheet. (Shaking method: working in batches add coated chicken pieces to bag and shake until evenly coated. Retrieve chicken pieces from bag and place on a lined baking sheet.)

Put baking sheet in the oven for about 6-8 minutes until outside is crispy and the insdie is completely cooked.




Serve with or without sauce. Goes great with doctored Mac & Cheese!)

It’s not too late to enter my giveaway! Just go to the giveaway post, comment with what color gratin dish you would like and friend the Cuisiner on Facebook! Only 66 friends needed! Thank you!
Cuisiner Finals Sanity Playlist:
Up Against The Wall- Peter Bjorn and John
On No! I Tried- Right Away, Great Captain!
Save Your Scissors- City And Color
World Spins Madly On- The Weepies
Call Your Girlfriend- Robyn (Just because we can’t get it out of our heads.)

Enjoy!
Love,
The College Cusinier

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. Hopefully, you can enjoy Christmas with your friends and family. I would be if I can join with you. I liked on facebook, I think I am not late too much. Meet you at the party.

    George J. McGuire
    breville je98xl

    ReplyDelete