Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday #5: FINALS!

That’s right it’s that wonderful time of year again! No, not Christmas…Finals! I can tell you are just as excited about this as I am.
Five days, Four tests, two essays, and one 25 page seminar paper on the “Reverse Migration of Ideas on the Civil Rights Movement in the 1950’s. Yep.
These past few days have been such a blur that I only know the actual date half the time. But it will be over in a couple of days. I took just enough a break to write this post. I haven’t taking this many middle-of-the-afternoon naps since I had mono my senior year of high school!
But now on to my next crisis…I leave for London in less than three weeks!
Yes, I have forgotten to mention it too much yet but I will be spending the next semester from January2nd to the middle of April in London! I am so excited but at the same time very nervous. I’m looking forward to reporting from London and hopefully a bit around Europe in the next few months. Hope you will look forward to reading about it!
But more on that later, that will be the focus of my attention next week.
To the food…
Since these last few days have been such a blur I thought I would give you a sampling of my eats from the horrible period of my life known as finals:

http://www.peasandcrayons.com/

What I Ate for Final Exams Week:

Three Izze Sodas: two peach, one ginger (I love these things, all-natural fruit juice and sparkling water, 100% better than soda.)

About ten + cups of hot and cold tea


Homemade pita chips, super cheap, local hummus from Whole Foods and a kale salad with segmented grapefruit and balsamic vinaigrette. (I wish I had feta.)


The very rare but very delicious mint chocolate chip ice cream from the Franklin Fountain. Hey, when your friend is buying it is rude to say no right. Plus, I drove so it was totally fair.


“Doctored” Kraft Mac & Cheese with sautéed kale and onions and homemade oven baked chicken nuggets. I am definitely making this again!


One Grande two-pump vanilla latte after my African Religions Final. (don’t you love generous friends who support your caffeine habit?)

Sliced Honeycrisp apple, peanut butter.

Banana Nut Bread Quinoa Breakfast Bowl…holy crap is this amazing. My new favorite breakfast food.




Two slices of Amy’s Kitchen frozen organic pizzas: one Margarita, one pesto. (And that Ginger Izze. Gotta love when your study partners shop at Whole Foods. Notice the book underneath.)


Grilled Chicken, homemade Mediterranean Salad, couscous. (Aaron loved this stuff so much last time, I had to make it again. You should too.)

And if finals weren’t hard enough, here’s what happens when you force this much pressure on a girl, she does some weird things…
Watch the original first and then watch my epic fail of an attempt. I’m sorry, and you’re welcome.
I hope you enjoy Aaron's commentary as well.
Robyn-Call Your Girlfriend:



My "Version":



Now if you aren’t emotionally scarred, come back this weekend when I will be finished with finals and will post my homemade Oven baked chicken nuggets. Kid and picky adult friendly.
Enjoy!
Love,
The College Cuisiner
P.s. Please, please, please, enter my giveaway for a Le Creuset Gratin Dish! I only need 68 more friends on Facebook in the next ten days!

6 comments:

  1. Finals week is the perfect reason to indulge in some delicious ice cream. Mint Chocolate Chip is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! This stuff is so good, they do swirls of creme de menthe and big chunks of dark chocolate. hat could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny... Don't quit school to become a dancer anytime soon lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck in london, i am sure you will love it! and there is so much great food to explore! give me a shout once you are over here in europe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I can't wait only two weeks away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee, Girlfriend, I am speechless! This must be how a college student releases that "finals stress"!!!! Love hearing Aaron's added comments!

    ReplyDelete