Tuesday, March 20, 2012

London: Wine Tasting at Whole Foods

So before I go into all the fabulousness of Barcelona (and catch up from Prague) I thought I should tell you all about last Thursday night at Whole Foods with Kara from Food Baby Blog.


Kara is studying in London as well so when we found each other we had to meet up. And what better way to meet a fellow blogger than to eat and drink at our favourite natural foods store?


This was Kara’s first wine tasting and my second so my roommates Mary Kate and Laura (seasoned WF tasting veterans) and myself met up with Kara.

Of course being two days before St. Patrick’s the whole tasting menu was Patty’s Day themed. And if its Irish you have to at least have two beers in the mix.

We started off with Irish Soda bread with Irish butter and a stout beer.


Look how happy we are to eat!

Then we moved on to roasted parsnips and white wine. Soooo good! This reminded me of my Dad’s parsnips and made me want to do a parsnips recipe ASAP!

Next stop was Irish beef stew and Guinness! As I don’t normally eat beef Kara switched her “all veggie” portion for my “all meat” portion and I enjoyed the delicious beef flavoured veggies.

While we were eating our stew we spotted a product from Kara’s internship alive and well on the shelf!


So of course we took photographic evidence of the event.


Next was corned beef and cabbage with a familiar French red wine. But hey, I’m not judging.

Last but certainly not least was a mini pancake with homemade whisky whipped cream. Mmmm… I want to swim in this whipped cream.

The group enjoying their pancakes.
After our tasting MK and Laura had to leave to do some studying. Sellouts. And what did foodies Kara and I do, go to the Wine Hub and get more wine of course! My friend Julie met up with us better late than never while Kara and I got slightly tipsy from our uequal ration of drinks versus food tasting.


This was so fun and it was great to finally meet another college foodie blogger (especially one studying in London!) I knew I found a kindered spirit when Kara could explain to Julie the difference between granola and muesli. (Ironically mentioned in one of her recent posts) We such a great time so we decided to make it a weekly occurrence! I can’t wait for this week’s tasting and this time we night have to eat after in the giant WF food court. This place is dangerous!

See you tomorrow for WIAW in Barcelona and lots of photos! I only took 243 this time, so I’m gradually getting better….

Enjoy!

Love,

The College Cuisiner

No comments:

Post a Comment