Friday, March 2, 2012

Blogger Survey


My friend Jen, author of Live Beautifully tagged me in this questions game. While the questions are really fun, I wonder how much you will really learn about me from my answers, probably just that I’m super weird. I thought this would be a good in between since I am writing another Sociology paper and do not have enough internet to upload my Prague pictures. They are coming I promise! Also on the schedule, Nutella and coconut covered strawberries, the Borough Market, wine tasting at Whole Foods, and after this weekend…Paris with my darling Aaron! See you then!

Enjoy!

The basis for the game is easy, after all, there are only five rules:

1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.


Eleven Random Things:

  1. I often randomly break into song no matter where I am: work, doing the dishes, etc. and usually there is a dance to go along.
  2. I’m a terrible dancer. I can do the spontaneous “let’s dance” dancing but when it comes to coordinated steps I am completely hopeless.
  3. When I was a kid I used to eat so much bacon, whoever was making it would hide the rest from me as I could easily polish on a half pound by myself. And since I was seven years old and weighed maybe 50 lbs, that’s kind of impressive. (funny that I don’t eat it now!)
  4. I used to think the song “Maneater” actually went like this, “Oh here she comes, watch out boy she’ll chew you up, oh here she comes, she’s a mad diva!” Cause that makes sense.
  5. In the sixth grade, I used to research Ancient Greek mythology for fun. Hey, I learned a lot.
  6. When I was six, 22 years old seemed impossibly old and mature.
  7. I believe in faeries.
  8. I read all five Twilight books. I’m ashamed.
  9. I’m not ashamed that at one point the Spice Girls were my favorite band of all time and I owned all their World Tour Dolls. But I refused to open them because one day they might be collector items. I think that was one of my mom’s “my child is strange” moments.
  10. I could eat for a living, and still be hungry. My favorite foods include V-8 juice, mushrooms of any kind, and salmon.
  11. When I was 19 I met the love of my life. This weekend we are going to Paris together. That’s not so random though.



Jen’s Questions for Me:
1. If you could see any book turned into a movie, what book would it be and why?

My own book based on a fictional conspiracy theory that claims Tsar Nicholas II of Russia could have escaped death by impersonating his cousin English King George V. I’m a history geek.


2. If your home was on fire, what would be the first thing that you would grab?

The phone to call 911 to tell them my house is on fire.


3. What is the one thing you are most afraid of?

Jell-O. Solids should not jiggle. It defies the laws of nature.


4. What candy bar do you think is most like your personality?

Cadbury Dark Chocolate Fruit and Nut. Complex, sweet, and a little nutty.


5. If you could learn any skill or hobby, what would it be?

Teleportation. Think of the money I could save on travel!


6. If you could be part of any TV or movie family, which family would it be and why?

The Aristocats. Nuff said.


7. Given the chance to trade places with any celebrity, which celebrity would you pick?

Meryl Streep. I don’t want to trade places with her, just be her best friend and talk about the National Women’s History Museum.


8. If cost was not a factor, where in the world would you choose to live?

Under the sea. In actuality, I’m loving London but Prague is growing on me…


9. What is your most memorable vacation, road trip or adventure?

I think it would be the weeklong trip my mom and I took to Williamsburg, and Jamestown, Virginia for my 13th birthday. I totally won an argument with a reenactor about religion in Pennsylvania.


10. What one trait is a necessity for you to find in a significant other?

Can eat like me and love my cooking. I hate dating “non-eaters,” that’s weird. Good thing I found him.


11. If you could only eat out at one restaurant for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?

My mom’s kitchen. She’s better than any restaurant.

I had a lot of fun with this little "game" and found it to be a challenge, too. Thanks to Jen for tagging me! I hope that those of you I tagged will participate - I'm anxious to see your facts and answers! I am tagging Emilie from Hungry Delights (A new favorite of mine) and Carrie from BakeaholicMama, my go-to blogger friend for good recipes and some great support!

Questions for you:

  1. What got you into blogging? What made you stick with it?
  2. If you had one album with you on a deserted island, what would it be and why?
  3. Chocolate or Vanilla? Why?
  4. If you could be sent to anytime in history where would it be and why?
  5. If you were suddenly bit by a radio-active spider tomorrow, what super power would you wish to have?
  6. What’s your Favorite Disney Princess?
  7. Who is the most inspiring person you have ever known?
  8. How do you feel about shorts and stockings? Weird or cute?
  9. Favorite food you’ve ever made and why.
  10. Favorite thing about your hometown and/or state.
  11. What is your favorite childhood memory?


If anyone else feels inspired to answer these questions go for it! If you decide to play along, leave a comment here so that I can view your responses!

Thanks again Jen!

Love,

The College Cusiner

2 comments:

  1. Thanks lovely! I am writing it right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What got you into blogging? What made you stick with it?

    -I love to cook and bake so much but I had no way of documenting my creations and recipes. I have stuck with it now for about 9 months? give or take. I love it so much I've made some great foodie friends and have a new hobby!

    If you had one album with you on a deserted island, what would it be and why?

    -Anything by Ray Lamontagne.

    Chocolate or Vanilla? Why?

    -Vanilla, I love anything vanilla!

    If you could be sent to anytime in history where would it be and why?

    Depends on when you ask me. I love reading Historical Fiction Books I recently just read one that took place in Scotland during the early 1700's... I'm obsessed with it now.

    -If you were suddenly bit by a radio-active spider tomorrow, what super power would you wish to have?

    -I'd like to be faster, so I can get everything done in one day! Seems like there are never enough hours to accomplish everything I need too.

    What’s your Favorite Disney Princess?

    -Cinderella, When I was little I really loved that movie.

    Who is the most inspiring person you have ever known?

    -My husband. He is the smartest most hard working person I know. What I wouldn't give to have 1 little piece of his smarts!

    How do you feel about shorts and stockings? Weird or cute?

    -hmmm not so sure.......

    Favorite food you’ve ever made and why.

    -I have so many... but what I really love is my potato salad as simple as that sounds... I can eat bowls and bowls and bowls of it.... Kinda gross!

    Favorite thing about your hometown and/or state.

    -I love all things about NH hard to pick just one. I love the lakes, the mountains, Maple Syrup, the Ocean, foliage,

    What is your favorite childhood memory?

    -Camping in VT with my family and Cat Fishing.

    ReplyDelete