Monday, March 12, 2012

Travel: Paris and More

With my long absence I have been thinking about what I should be posting, catch up from Prague, or Paris. Now, do not let me skip over Prague, it was too beautiful not to share with you.  But I feel that Aaron and my trip to Paris this weekend is “more” pressing to share the news.



As a disclaimer Aaron took many of the photos this weekend along with the occassional tourist we found who had a tripod. Those are the only ones you can trust to take a good photo. This was not due to my lack of "wanting" to take the photos but instead Aaron's desire to take the photos for once, (which I couldn't refuse.) But the one above is mine.


This week Aaron came to visit (even though you already know,) and as soon as he got off the plane we hopped on the Euro Star to Paris. We stayed right in the center of everything with a lovely hostess and her terrier, Gypsy.


Our first night was the main event of course. After settling in we took a trip to the Arc de Triomphe. And there…. I got this….


Excited cries commence accordingly. Sorry for the awful photo.


Of course we got lots of photos of the two of us from various other visitors and the best was from the guy we found with a tripod.
And of course since this is a food blog, I have to talk about the food.
After the amazing proposal we went to Le Tour de Eiffel (Eiffel Tower) and found an amazing little bistro a few blocks away with ten tables run by two old French men. One was the chef and one was the waiter. It was perfect. Terrine des poissons (Fish mouse) with crusty brown bread and the most amazing garlic aioli ever. Their aioli is not mayonnaise but egg based so it is light and so flavorful. Yum yum.


Then I had “filet de pouvre”: white fish with vegetable ratatouille and Aaron had I believe a beef stuffed tomato. Afterwards we shared a cheese plate and an amazing coffee macaroon. And did I mention the bottle of wine since in France you don't order glasses apparently.
This was the most perfect place to go after Aaron’s amazing proposal. After dinner we walked around the Eiffel Tower and then went back and passed out from sheer exhaustion.
The view from our apartment:




The next day we woke up at 10am instead of the 8:30 we asked our hostess to have breakfast ready. I can legitimately blame my alarm clock but I just suck in general. After our epic fail, we went to explore Paris a bit.
Since it was a bit rainy we took advantage of Monique's suggestion to visit the Louvre which is free on the first Sunday of the month. And we did, but first we took pictures and people watched.



Inside the walls of the Louvre...
















Then the camera died and we had to charge it before going to dinner and sightseeing again.


So the next day we went Notre Dame, Le Tour de Eiffel for an incredible lunch and view, and Mont Martre and Sacre Cure at sunset.

















 



 








 




I could say so much about this trip but I hope the pictures tell the story pretty well. We both had an amazing time and I’m so happy we could go there for our engagement. More to come on the rest of Aaron’s time here!
Love,
The College Cuisiner
p.s. I promise to be here on Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Yay! Congratulations! How exciting and romantic :)
    I am totally in wedding mode at the moment. Our wedding date is set for October next year so I can't wait to read more about your wedding plans.

    xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa B (Mom to be)March 13, 2012 at 6:19 AM

    Congratulations Marisa! What an amazing and happy time for you and Aaron! Your mom and I are already planning a celebration dinner when you return! What a blessing to have you in our family! Enjoy the remaining time in Europe and I can't wait to see you and hear all about it! Love always...Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE Paris. I've been three times with plans to go again at the end of my program.
    And your ring is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on the engagement!

    ReplyDelete