Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WIAW #20: Last Week of Classes

As I clean out my little cubby and two fridge shelves I have been out of creative, new and exciting recipes to share. I try buying only small amounts of vegetables at a time because I did not want them to go to waste.  A handful of kale here a banana shallot there.

Let’s just say I am going to miss the produce selection here. I’ve noticed that I actually lost a good amount of weight since I’ve been here due to increased physical activity (aka walking everywhere) and the fact that the food here is mostly void of preservatives. (Unfortunately nothing lasts more than two maybe three days.)





I do want to make these veggie tacos from Jenn at Peas and Crayons. You always know how to make me hungry!

But this is what I ate this week as I cleaned out my fridge:


Breakfast

Cut apple slices, peanut butter and honey, REAL COFFEE!!

Lunch
Fridge clean-out rotini: kale, banana shallot, garlic, Whole Foods Chicken sausage sautéed in white wine, can of extra veggie primavera tomato sauce topped with some parmesan. (yes, I had this all awaiting me) This was great because I ended up getting three meals out of it!



Snack

After a walk in Kensington Gardens feeding stale bread to the birds, my friend Audra and I got smoothies at Whole Foods. Mine was Super Fruit: pomegranates, raspberries and a whole bunch of great stuff. So refreshing….

 




Tea Time
Cup of REAL coffee! And piece of cherry almond tart I bought this weekend with single cream. Aaron brought me a bag of coffee from home and it was like manna from heaven!

 



Dinner

More primavera pasta and £1 piece of kalamata foccacia from a local bakery.
Since this is my last official week here in London I had to get some good meals in both at home and out. Some of my other meals from the past week: (getting in my greens!)
Appetizer portion of wild mushroom risotto at Le Pain Quotidien in Notting Hill. The girls wanted to go for dinner and I just got something small because I had food to make at home (baked salmon on side on fried bread with fried egg and rocket (arugula) yummy yummy.


 



Free smoked chicken and vegetable burrito from a London Mexican restaurant, Mestizo. My program had a goodbye dinner. Oh so good.



Lunch last week: Mixed greens salad, blueberries, shaved parmesan, homemade Dijon vinaigrette, baked sweet potatoes, naan


A dinner last week I think: Baked salmon, sautéed kale, couscous



Stay tuned this week for the London Chocolate Festival, and quinoa with sweet potatoes, apples and curry! Lots to come about my family’s trip to London starting tomorrow!

Enjoy!

Love,

The College Cuisiner

5 comments:

  1. yum! great eats. That smoothie looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smoothie looks tasty and I Love couscous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish there was tea time in the US! i think i'll start my own ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lunch and Lunch last week... YUM!
    So jealous you are temporarily living in London! How great that must be.

    ReplyDelete