Wednesday, April 25, 2012

WIAW #23: Election Day Eats

Election Day for the out-of-school-too-early college kid is an interesting mix of lazy even for me. As a state employee, my mother always gets Election Day off so at least we got to spend the day together. And of course mom, Dave, and I took the opportunity to peruse the various discount shops, Tuesday Morning, Gabriel Brothers, and the Christmas Tree Shoppes. The foodie in me had a victory today as we found a 7-piece Wolfgang Puck Spring form pan set! Yes! For the best cheesecakes you need a spring form pan and this box came with not only a circle pan, but a bunt insert, and separate square and oval spring form pans! This is so exciting! Cheesecake recipe to follow soon.


Not to mention the successes at Christmas Tree Shoppes with Green & Black Organic chocolate sample sets for only $3. One of the little ones usually costs $1 itself! Wine pairing anyone? I think I’ll have to revisit this for gifts.

Of course besides actually going out and voting, I browsed wedding blogs for inspiration (16 months and counting as of yesterday!) I also spent some time thinking/youtubing possible hairstyles for the military ball this Thursday (pictures to follow.) Overall, Mom and I enjoyed a pretty relaxing day.






Now for my eats:
I must say this was probably my most veggie-tastic day this month...challenge met. Then again, I always eat best at home!

As always, thanks to Jenn for hosting WIAW, it’s one of the best parts of my week!

Breakfast:


Mixed crazy eggs with sautéed potatoes, onions, red and green peppers, toast
Virgin Bloody Mary (tomato juice with horseradish and lemon for an extra  dose of veggies)
Coffee

Lunch:

Cold leftover pizza (hey, now considered a vegetable by the US government)
Mix salad with homemade vinaigrette and feta
Cut up jazz apple
water

Snack:

Dove dark chocolate ice cream bar
water

Dinner:

Dirty rice with stewed tomatoes, black beans, green onions, and baked chicken
Steamed asparagus with brown butter


Mixed salad with cucumbers, black olives, and bleu cheese
Glass of red wine


Dessert:

Another glass of red wine
Two Green & Black’s mini dark chocolates: one ginger, one cherry



Enjoy!

Love,

The College Cuisiner



P.S. Only one more day to enter my British Natural Foods Giveaway! Don’t delay, enter today! I’ll announce the winner on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment