Sunday, July 22, 2012

Conscious Box Review

I was so excited when Conscious Box sent me their July box last week. 






I've never tried a monthly box delivery service and I couldn't wait to see what was included in the box I’ve heard so much about. It arrived so neatly packaged. I could not believe how well they could pack this tiny box with so many amazing goodies!



Everything they do is made with care. Even the box is made out of 100% post-consumer cardboard, recycled tissue paper and even vegetable based-ink! 



 
They are beyond eco friendly! These people are pretty spectacular.




I also love the monthly inspirational message included.

As you might have noticed I really don’t post about a product unless I like it. Conscious Box is definitely a product I would recommend to my readers.
I loved the variety of products and samples that were included. Everything from cosmetics, cleaners, food, tea, etc.

All of the products featured are made “the right way” meaning natural, organic, with quality ingredients and manufactured with integrity and green measures. Conscious Box is very particular about what companies are represented in each box they send out including weeding out those who deceive customers and “greenwash” them into thinking their products are green when it is simply a marketing tool. Instead, Conscious Box works to introduce their subscribers to only ethical companies that legitimately deserve the recognition. (Not to mention their own top-notch practices and commitment to employing American workers for fair wages.)

The concept of Conscious box is truly amazing. They find companies who are making their products the right way and bring their products to the customers who value it the most. It's a win-win. As we all know, just because companies do things the right way doesn't mean they get the exposure necessary to run a succesful business. That's where Conscious box comes in. They fill that gap and bring truly awesome products straight to you.  And what is so cool about Conscious Box is you wouldn’t normally find many of these products on your own, so it really exposes you to a new world of innovative products.

Now as you know I'm on a budget and need to spend wisely. But really when you look at the cost of Conscious Box at $12 with $7 shipping you are looking at a steal. $19 is easily how much you can spend at lunch for two people without even trying. Instead I'm looking at sacrificing Chipotle and going with Conscious Box. It might have to be an every other month thing but that’s okay, I’m in college.

But wow. How great is this?




Now let's see what’s inside:



The Aura Cacia Aromatherapy cards are a lot of fun and focus on using aromatherapy oils in different ways. Included was a bottle of Sweet Orange Essential Oil that smells like summer in a bottle. They recommend using this scent in the Winter for a boost.


I was excited to try the Just Great Stuff bar in Superberry Acai so I took it to work for a part of my breakfast with coffee.



I love what’s inside, berries, raw foods, organic, 5g of protein but I don’t know if I would go out of my way to buy this again. It had the consistency of fruit leather mixed with a brownie and kind of a grainy aftertaste that made me feel like I just chewed a vitamin.

If you like tangy fruity stuff this might be your thing but I don’t think it’s mine. I like the big chunks of fruit and nuts that break up the chewiness but again not enough to convince me to buy this variety again. I’d be interested in trying their other flavors which include Chocolate Dream Greens as I think the graininess wouldn’t be as noticeable when mixed with chocolate.



As soon as I opened the box I wanted to try St. Claire’s Organics Peppermints. Organic, vegan etc. I loved who simple the ingredients were. Three: Organic molasses granules, organic evaporated cane juice, and organic peppermint essential oil. The simple ingredients reminded me of a lot of the stuff I could get in England—unadultered. I tried one right after dinner when my taste buds were a little busy already.




I do like that these mints aren’t very sweet but rather very pepperminty. It is a nice balance between an altoid and sweeter mint, not too sweet, not too spicy. The freshness is great and is what a mint should be instead of simply another form of candy. I will definitely get these again.





Another thing that I got excited over was the Naturally It’s Clean Floor cleaner. When I pulled this out of the neatly packed box Aaron exclaimed, “wow this thing is awesome!” I cannot wait to use this on the floors of our new apartment in two weeks. It’s all-natural, no chemicals and safe on practically every floor surface from hardwood to tile to bamboo. It promises no streaks, only results. What could be better? Included was a coupon which boasted the company’s other natural cleaning products. Winner.



The Jadience Muscle & Joint cream is amazing. I was so excited to try the all-natural cream for my back pains along with Aaron’s woes. The smell is light so instead of the strong pungent odor of creams that “tell you it’s working” this stuff does the job without you even knowing. There was no tingling sensation that you “expect” now of pain relief creams but instead once I used it on my aching back I actually felt noticeable relief for several hours. The fast acting “extra strength” variety is definitely something Aaron and I will be getting again. I was a little worried when my dog Loucie was licking my hands because you never know but wow was this stuff good.


I saw a lot of new products in the box but one I did recognize was the Madhava natural sweeteners.




I’ve seen their agave which was included but what I was really excited about was the natural coconut sugar granules included.



I really like agave and honey (which Madhava starting producing first) but having a good substitute sugar for baking it such a plus. I’m always worried about experimenting with liquid sugars in baking as it is such a science of balance. The coconut sugar will be a great alternative to work with. I can’t wait! They also included some great recipes for their sugars and of course coupons!

I definitely struggled between saving all of my goodies and stretching them out or using all of them at once so I could review them. I think I landed in between.



I tried the GoGo SqueeZ Apple Mango Applesauce on the go for a work afternoon snack. I love the concept especially for packed lunches and kids.

Of course it’s all natural and only made of fruit but it tasted a little too much of banana which was the third posted ingredient rather than the mango which was the second listed. Plus due to the squeeze nature of the package it is near impossible to get the last bit of applesauce out onto your tongue.  If your kids don’t like bananas they wouldn’t like Gogo but it is definitely a great snack option for on the go kids and adults alike.




 One of my favorite things in the box was the Tea Forte natural Fair trade tea bags. I tried the Tea Forte “Cherry Marizpan” green tea for corrective repair. I couldn’t believe how fragrant the dry tea was and I couldn’t wait to try it with a little agave. It honestly tasted like cherries and almonds and a lot like pie.




I think this is probably the most aromatic tea I’ve ever had. I was impressed. The Honeycomb Yuzu is equally delicious. I can’t wait to try the cucumber and mint variety that was included as well. I will definitely be looking for this delicious tea and be using the $1 off coupon!





I also loved getting lots of coupons for different products other than samples included. I cannot wait to try the Mighty Leaf Iced Tea in Ginger Peach that looks so delicious and crisp for a hot summer day. As it is currently rainy and cold, I will save this for a more appropriate occasion. 




I really liked the Powbab super fruit chews as a good alternative to vitamins. It was actually pretty tasty but it is the nutrients and what is inside with an immunity boost that I'm most interested in. I think I’ll look into trying these again!




There are several products I can’t wait to try including the Vegan eye shadow from The All-Natural Face in Olivene Gold. This looks a fun color to try!




The Sun Warrior “Warrior blend” Vanilla Raw protein mix looks great. I can’t wait to blend into a smoothie for a great protein kick.


I was so happy with this box of goodies and I would love to get this again. Hope you give it a try too, I'm glad I did!




Love,


The College Cuisiner




Note: Conscious Box provided me a sample box to review but I received no compensation neither anything for a promise of a positive review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment