Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WIAW#34: I'm going to CAMP!

If you haven't read a lot of the posts here on the Cuisiner than you might not know my love for the Summer Camp, Nawakwa that I went to all of my childhood and worked at the Summer of 2010. This week I get to go back! I got a Facebook message last week begging for a fill in counselor for the week. At first I said, I can't I'm working. About 2 minutes later though I said, "I have to do this!"

So here I am, getting ready for a week of exercise (see WIAWers!), camp food, and barely any sleep. I can't wait!


The Reasons I can't wait to go to Camp:


I am in the need of some Fresh air time, I'm feeling cooped up here.

My wardrobe is feeling stale so I get to wear athletic shorts and t-shirts for a week and no makeup!

I get to hang out with some really cool kids for a whole week.

Can you say craft-time?!?!?

The amazing cook, Kathy makes me feel at home with her cooking and old-fashion charm.

Good friends.

A pool! What's that? I work in an office.

Gaga! It's Israeli Dodge ball, enough said.

Hiking (I'll have to bear it.)


Here's what I did in the Summer of 2010:






So that's my evolving view of exercise and trust me this WILL BE EXERCISE.




Not to mention the walks Aaron and I have been taking and the fact I spent a four day weekend standing, walking, and moving for my internship at the PA Civil War 150 Road Show and our stop in State College.


But for fun, I'll show you what has been my definition of exercise since then:




Now that I've covered the exercise, here's what I've eaten:




 
 
Some of our State College Weekend Eats:
 


 







Weekday Eats
Breakfast:

Chobani Yogurt
Coffee with Coconut creamer

Lunch:



Leftover baked rotini (out of ziti)
Spring mix tossed with homemade vinaigrette
Coke with Lemon

Snacks:


Pink Lady apple with Almond butter
Tea with cream
A couple of butter cookies and three squares of dark chocolate with almonds


Dinner:


Spiced Apple Chicken Sausage on Potato roll with Sriracha mayo,
Spring mix and shaved carrots
Ice Water


I'm looking forward to a great week and some cool stuff coming my way! Don't worry, I'm working on getting the quinoa stuffed peppers recipe on here, promise!



Since i'll be gone next week stay tune for some guest eats from my friend Jen! I'll be sure to keep the posts coming in my absence!


Enjoy!

Love,

The College Cuisiner

8 comments:

  1. Camp sounds like a blast - have a fantastic time! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you couldn't tell I'm pretty excited! The only problem is I get way too hungry there. No snacks allowed.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks will do! The cook is the best baker.

      Delete
  3. Everything looks yummy! Have a great time at camp!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes this was one of my less healthy days but that's okay!

      Delete
  4. We were actually supposed to go to camp this weekend, but then our A/C broke in our SUV. I'm NOT driving 45 miles with no air conditioning when it is 100 F! I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I really don't blame you. Thanks I'll try to have fun for the both of us!

      Delete