Wednesday, September 12, 2012

WIAW #42: Under the Weather Eats

Okay, this will have to be a short post as I’m feeling quite under the weather today. Since Friday I’ve felt kind of crappy and I think I have a lovely sinus infection. Yay!

Any suggestions for my ailments?

Since I was stuck in my apartment all weekend I actually did quite a bit of cooking. Whether or not I’m falling in to good habits yet I can’t tell. Sorry Jenn I’m falling behind on this one. I’ve been trying to consistently eat breakfast and be ever so conscious of what I eat on a regular basis, and not just because I recently bought my wedding dress. I promise!

Here are some of my Homemade-in spite-sickness eats.

 

Friday Night:



Fluffy Quinoa with mushrooms, chicken, asparagus, and tomatoes in a tomato white wine sauce.
 
Pretty good! Though I only ended up eating a little as I was already under the weather.

Water

Saturday:

 
Matzo Ball soup Aaron went out and got me from our favorite Jewish deli.
Jewish Penicillin, yet that isn’t even working!

(Dinner, grilled cheese and more soup)

More water, tea, ibphrophen.

Sunday:

Breakfast: Homemade homefries with scrambled eggs and turkey sausage.

 
Brown Butter Peach Shortbread Bars from Smitten Kitchen…coming soon! Delicious! (My last peaches from home of the season)

 
Baked ziti with Sweet Italian turkey sausage, fresh basil, mushrooms, and veggies.

Monday:

Breakfast

 
Pineapple Chobani with a little Trader Joe’s Ginger granola and chia seeds. Yay protein!

Tea

More homemade baked ziti for lunch and dinner

Water and mint tea


My last Turtle in a Shell Chocolate from Designs By Francine Artisan Chocolates! So good!

I’m afraid that’s all today because I am exhausted but one more thing!

p.s......

I've had a few reviews/giveaways lately but I saved the best for last!


Enter my create-your-own tea infused chocolates CONTEST from Designs by Francine Artisan Chocolates, a Greater Philadelphia area chocolatier! Enter here and tell your friends! You have two weeks but enter now!

I feel so sick so to make me feel better you all have to enter this contest ;)… that’s fair right?

Wishing you all better current health than me! Time for more soup…

Love,

The College Cuisiner

2 comments:

  1. My WIAW won’t be much different - I think I’m battling a sinus infection too! It doesn’t help that Montana is so cold we’ve already started using heat in the house.

    On a side not - brown butter seems to be all the rage in the blog world! I asked the chef about it but haven’t yet tried any brown butter recipes.

    Also - I will be home for a week and would really love to get lunch or something! Perhaps I could bring Aiden to Philadelphia for the day to explore & we could meet up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That baked ziti is calling my name - it looks so comforting! And omg does that chocolate look AMAZING!

    Hope you're feeling better!!! :)

    ReplyDelete