Friday, August 12, 2011

Small Town Summer: My Five Favorite Things

Last night I was able to visit the Camp I worked at last summer for their annual show. It was so much fun, but alas I didn't get to cook and I didn't get much sleep. So today I thought I would share with you some of my current foodie favorite things.

Enjoy!

1.  BEETS! If you have seen my blog before, I love this little purple vegetable. They are delicious, super healthy, and a lot more versatile than you think.

-Check out my two Beet posts for Roasted Beets and Red Beet Risotto!



 2. Pesto. I love this versatile Italian sauce. It is not hard to make and it is so delicious. It never goes out of style for me.

Check out these pesto recipes from Saveur.

3.Anything Peaches: This season so far I have eaten peaches by the bushel!

-Check out my two recipes for Personal Peach Tarts and Grilled Peach Salsa!







4. Infused liquors- If you aren’t on the foodie rotation, you might not have heard about this craze. I am in the process of making my own cherry infused rum and vodka. Here’s the recipe from Chez Us.

5. Jane at Broccolini and Cheese, this is a great blog all about balance in life and in eating. Check it out! 


Love,

The College Cuisiner

No comments:

Post a Comment