Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday Lunch: Salmon Scrambled Eggs

One of my favorite things about living in London was Sunday lunch, or Sunday Roast. As I was the lucky one who had family and family friends living in the same country I was able to have quite a few lovely Sunday lunches. If you've never heard of this compare it to Sunday Brunch or Dinner you may have as a family tradition but just much bigger.

I remember my first Sunday lunch in England. I had been in London for about two or three weeks when I was first able to visit my father's best friends, Tony and Gill at their house in St. Albans. Their son Martin had already seen me once or twice in Town but this was the first time I had seen his parents in almost ten years. Of course didn't Gill pull out all the stops for my first Sunday Lunch experience. We sat in the formal dining room which Martin pointed out this only happened at Christmas. Gill served starters of smoked salmon, romaine lettuce, and lemon. We had every roasted vegetable under the sun with Roast beef and Yorkshire puds. It was wonderful. Afterwards we had tea, sticky toffee pudding, and sweets.

It was heaven.

So you can tell my standards are a little high when it comes to Sunday lunch. I even got to have an Easter Sunday lunch with my Aunt Janet and Uncle Maurice which was equally as wonderful. With that I thought it was only far that I keep the tradition alive at least here with all of you. Sunday lunch varies depending on the season. In Winter of course it is much heavier with roasts and puddings. But in the Summer you can make a lovely salad or something lighter.



So for my first virtual Sunday Lunch I am cooking Salmon Scrambled eggs. Won't you join me?



We first had this when we stayed in Rye back in 2002. The bed and breakfast we were staying at served this and we instantly fell in love. It this version I used leftover grilled cedar plank salmon but smoked salmon is just as good if not better.


 I also added asparagus for a little something extra.


Plus I got a double yolk! It's good luck!

Salmon Scrambled Eggs:
makes four breakfast sized portions


Ingredients:

½ lb. of grilled Salmon
5-6 large eggs
¼ cup of milk
4 tbsp. of chopped fresh chives
2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
10 spears of sautéed asparagus, halved and cut into large pieces
Garlic salt
1 clove of garlic, chopped
Black Pepper
2 tbsp. butter

Directions:
Chop salmon into small pieces. Whisk eggs and milk in a small bowl, set aside.
In a large frying pan, heat butter over medium heat. Add chopped salmon and asparagus. Lightly brown and add chives, dill, and garlic.

Immediately add eggs and mix asparagus and salmon together well, scrambling eggs. Season with garlic salt and pepper.
Cook eggs until eggs are no longer wet. Evenly distribute eggs on plates and serve with buttered toast.


Enjoy!
Love,
The College Cuisiner

If you would like to join me with my virtual Sunday Lunch let me know! I would love to have a link party every Sunday with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment