Saturday, June 30, 2012

June Foodie Pen Pal Reveal!

I am so excited to reveal my first Foodie Pen Pal reveal! Thanks to Lindsay at Lean Green Bean for hosting. What started out as 30 people now has become almost 1,000 participants! It's truly amazing!


The Lean Green Bean


I received this amazing box of goodies from Missie at Reshaping it All a couple of weeks ago and I'm so happy to finally tell you about it!

I got a call from Aaron at work around June 13th saying, "you've got a package from Minnesota!" I immediately answered, "DON'T OPEN IT!" Of course I spent the whole day like a kid at Christmas.




And it was like like Christmas!


It's not hard to tell Missie put a lot of effort into this and we definitely reaped the benefits! I love that she sent me some of her favorite snacks. She is from Minnesota,  so it had to be nice! Let's just say Aaron was excited as well.




Here's the fabulous stuff Missie sent me:


One jar of lemon-pear marmalade. Cannot wait to put on chicken like Missie suggested!



One blue re-usable shopping bag. Perfect for me!



Three boxes of yoghurt covered Raisins and one AMAZING B.T. McElrath bar of Buttered Toast Milk Chocolate from Minneapolis. I'm in love.




Two bags of homemade honey peanut butter popcorn, deliciousness.




Batch of Chocolate Scotchy No-Bakes These were a crowd pleaser! I Want the recipe!



Gifts in Action:




I've already gotten so much use out of this bag! I love that is from a Minnesota bank, for some reason that cracks me up and it just as cool as my tote bag from the Notting Hill Bookstore! Here I'm loaded up from the market.




Me hoarding the buttered toast chocolate bar! WOWOWOW so good, I'll need to get some more of this stuff ASAP! Suggested to have along side a great cup of coffee but honestly I couldn't wait that long! I still have half left, but not for much longer. Looks like the only places in PA that sell it happen to be in my area...this might become a problem...



Thank you Missie for your box of amazing goodies AND your wonderful note! I loved getting a little taste of Minnesota and oh was it soooooo nice!


Of couse I sent a box as well. Mine went to the lovely Laurie and her dog Milo in Madison, Wisconsin at Laugh, Live, Laurie. Check it out!



Want to join the Foodie Pen Pals hosted by Lindsay at the Lean Green Bean? 


Of course you do! Here's how:

And now it's time for some details about Foodie Penpals. In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal! 
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. 
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. 

If you’re interested in participating for July, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions. 
You must submit your information by July 4th as pairings will be emailed on July 5th!

*If you're from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send me an email and I'll see if we get enough interest this month!

So hurry up and sign up! You will be glad you did! Can't wait for July's swap! I'm already stocking up for goodies to send out!


Love,

The College Cuisiner


Looking for more goodies? Check out my giveaway from Tribe Hummus and Veggie Patch in honor of my blog B-day!

6 comments:

  1. You got such great stuff too!! I'm working on my post right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we had a good first month if I do say myself!

      Delete
  2. i love the homemade stuff! that's how we should be eating! yum yum yum! also adore the shopping bag because who doesn't need more cute grocery bags??

    happy foodie pen pal reveal day!

    p.s. Keep an eye out on Wednesday – there’s a new blog hop in town and I think you’re gonna like it! All fresh foods (CSAs; farmer’s market treasures; garden hauls; & similarly related posts) welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy reveal day to you! I would love to join along that sounds right up my alley. :)

      Delete
  3. So glad you liked the package!

    Here is the recipe for the Chocolate Scotchy Crunchballs!

    1 bag semi-sweet milk chocolate chips
    1 bag butterscotch chips
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    6 cups of Rice Krispies

    Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together. Add peanut butter and mix till smooth. Finally mix in cereal. Drop into balls on the wax paper and let sit till hardened (or eat by the spoonfuls warm!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! My co workers will be so pleased!

      Delete