Friday, June 1, 2012

Small Town: POM Beach Smoothies

This weekend I made this delicious smoothie based on my favorite from Juice & Java in Mechanicsburg, PA. The heat here in the Northeast is steaming and anything helps when cooling down. The drink is known as POM beach. Before my mother moved I used to go there quite often but honestly, why spend the money when I just make it as easily at home? If I can make something as well as the restaurant version I will always take advantage of that ergo I my homemade POM Beach smoothie.



The combination of cranberries and pomegranate makes an antioxidant powerhouse perfect for a afternoon snack, or treat for a summer day. I like tangy drinks so the mixture of cranberries and pomegranate juice is perfect for me. The only problem is that it can be a little difficult to find frozen cranberries this time of year but if you find yourself near a Wegman’s you should pick up a bag. If you like a sweeter drink, try adding half frozen cranberries with half frozen blueberries.
I hope you give it a shot for a delightful summer smoothie no matter the weather in your neck of the woods.




POM Beach Smoothie: 2 or so smoothies
(Adapted from the Juice & Java recipe)




Ingredients:

1 cup frozen cranberries
1 cup yoghurt
8 oz bottle of POM pomegranate juice




Directions:

In a blender grind frozen cranberries and half the pomegranate juice until smooth. Add frozen yoghurt and blend until smooth using the rest of the pomegranate juice as needed.

Pour into glass and serve immediately.


Enjoy!

Love,

The College Cuisiner


Is there a favorite recipe from a local recipe you are dying to make at home?

2 comments:

  1. I love this recipe! I'll definitely be making this later :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it! This is definitely a good treat!

    ReplyDelete