Friday, June 15, 2012

Strawberries with Ricotta and Mint

Is it just me or has Strawberry Fever hit the blogging world these last couple of weeks? I mean really, I don't blame anyone, I love a good batch of local strawberries more than anyone. 




In fact, I'm quite excited about this. Therefore, here are some of my favorite strawberry recipes right now.


Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake


Strawberry Pavlova


Orange Strawberry Protein Smoothie


My strawberry recipes:


Chocolate Covered Strawberry Milkshakes


Strawberry Banana Smoothie


Strawberry Cherry Basil Scones


Strawberry Shortcake Cookies




As you know, I kind of live by my WIAW to keep me on schedule. As my friend Jen says,"I always read your WIAW posts and every time I'm like 'wow, a week has gone by so quickly!'". As such, Jenn from Peas and Crayons asked for everyone to highlight their sensible snacking choices for the month of June.


This weekend I discovered my new favorite snack...and spoiler alert it has strawberries. But honestly, this would be amazing with fresh blueberries or raspberries when they are in their ripest season.


This is very Italian so of course it can't be wrong. This is also a great no-guilt dessert. 


Simple and delicious!


Strawberries with Ricotta and Mint: 4 servings






Ingredients:


1 pint of fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into fours
8 oz. of low-fat ricotta, cold
10-12 fresh mint leaves, chopped
The zest of 1 lemon
Good Honey (a little bit of truffle honey is good too!)


Variations: 
Use balsamic reduction instead of honey (very Italian)
Use Blueberries or raspberries in place or with strawberries


Directions:


Using an ice cream scooper, scoop one ball of ricotta onto a small dessert plate.


Arrange about 1/2 cup of the strawberries around the ricotta. Sprinkle some of the lemon zest and chopped mint. Drizzle with honey. Repeat for each plate.


Sit down and enjoy and easy and refreshing summer treat!


Love,


The College Cuisiner


Update: 






I received my first Foodie Pen Pal package last night from! I was sooooo excited! Check back on the 30th to see what I got.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that came fast! Glad you recieved it! Hope you enjoy the treats - not healthy, but tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited! Thanks so much for everything! I love it.

      Delete